Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TIO Tuesday - Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

I've been looking for some more crock pot recipes since I am without a stove right now. I really wish I would have planned ahead more and made some freezer meals, but it's too late for that. So, I am bringing you another crock pot recipe and this one's a keeper! It got two thumbs up from everyone, even Brad. And Hailey has requested that I make this instead of my regular chicken casserole.
You start off with the chicken and the soup mixture on the bottom of the crock pot. I cut mine into chunks to make it easier for the five little munchkins.
I forgot to mention that I used a liberal amount of Morton's Nature Seasoning on top of the chicken and before I layered it with the ham. I cut the ham into pieces as well.
 Pour over the rest of the soup mixture over the chicken, ham and swiss cheese.
It looks a little lumpy.
 Yummy Butter - everything is better with butter!
Voila! Finished product, tastes wonderful, and it's definitely going into the regular rotation.

  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 ounces sliced ham
  • 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers.
Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on High.
***
The only changes I made were noted above. But, I do recommend making note of how quickly your "slow" cooker cooks. I have realized that the newer ones cook much, much faster. I put this in the crock pot at 12:30 on warm. I moved it up to low at 3:30 and it was bubbling and ready by 5:30.
PS - I really like some of her recipes at Chef in Training, I'm looking forward to trying more soon. Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan maybe?
Enjoy!
~ Misty

No comments: