Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wine Tasting

We went to Jen and Jason Thompson's for a wine tasting on Friday night. It was a ton of fun. We got to see their new house and hang out with friends. Oh yeah - the wine tasting was nice too. They had a professional wine guide there. Blake and his wife, Mindy. They had these journals that had the different wines listed with the ph, acidity, region etc. Very interesting. But I don't think it took long for them to realize that our attention was a little divided. Usually when we all get together, no one takes and photos and I decided to document the evening.
Brad took this photo before we left. He liked my look and I thought it was better than the previous photo I had tagged for my passport (still need to get that) and so an okay shot I think.
So, I was the photo queen. We got lots of great pics.
Brad and I shortly after we got there. Brad doesn't care for wine. He drank the new Hub City beer all night. And a little Corona. I made up for the wine he didn't drink.

All the girls, minus Buffy she is behind Jen, you can only see one eye for her. From l to r, Wendy, Jen Thompson, Denise Doyle, Ann Thomas, Mindy, Diana Biles and me. It really is a good pic, I just feel bad for Buffy being cut out of the back. I got a nice one of her and Ann together that I will give to her.
Jen has a chocolate fountain that we get out at each party. Melissa and Denise are huge fans of it. Diana too. Well, really everyone there. We kept it pretty clean, no body parts that I know of...
And we always play spoons, regardless of whose house we are at. We have Denise to thank for that one - THANK YOU Denise!!!! She introduced the game to us a year or so ago. We absolutely love it! There are tons of stories about the incidents surrounding our game play. Let's just say some of us are more aggressive than others. Diana had an "unfortunate experience" at Ann's last year and for some reason I got blamed. I still maintain that it was just as much John's fault. So, it is my permanent policy to not sit anywhere near her in future games. That's all I'm sayin'....

I made sure to take pics with everyone. They all turned out very cute - These are some of the best ones. At the top left, Denise and I. Denise has four girls and three of them are the same ages as Hailey, Jackson and Annaliese. Then with Denise and Ann. I think that one was a little later after we had a little more than a 'taste' of the wine. And of course, Ann and I. The first few turned out a little sassy and this one was just perfect :-)
Me, Denise and Melissa on the left. We had to go drag her out of her house. Carson stayed behind with the kids. They didn't have a sitter so she missed out on a lot of the fun! But we tried our best to catch her up. A few shots more and she would have been good to go!
Then Jen and I. She was a great hostess and was even up early this morning for the garage sale. What a trooper! It was an awesome party and now it's Ann's turn!!!!

No comments: