Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Note to Jack

Yesterday I was cleaning up the boys' room and rearranging all the furniture etc. I found this folded up note on the floor.

It was so sweet. I have no idea when it was written, my guess would be last weekend or the weekend before. The kids play really well together and they get along for the most part. That is one of the things I am most proud of as a parent. I can remember fighting with my sister and brother constantly. I have no idea when this will change, I wish I could bottle it up and keep it forever.
One of the things I think has come out of our situation is that the kids have no other choice than to be close. Our old home was pretty small and now, living with grandma and grandpa, things are extraordinarily tight. Fortunately, the kids don't know any different. They haven't gotten possesive over their own space or things and they share often. I love to listen to them play, scheme and talk to each other. I hope they will always be this close, but I know that's not likely to be the case. I am going to keep the note, evidence that at one time, their idea of fun was playing together.

No comments: