Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I want to preface this post by stating that I'm very thankful for ALL my children! From time to time, I plan on featuring each one individually and today it's Annaliese's turn. I am very thankful for my Miss Annaliese. I'm thankful for her patience, her good nature, her sensitivity, her thoughtfulness and genuine love for others.  She is one of the kindest people I know. She notices things about other people and is always the one to give a compliment. She shares with her siblings, even when they aren't as kind to her. She is always smiling and even bashful when she's by herself.  Annaliese is on my mind today because we are going out on a date with her this evening. Last year for her birthday (in April) I gave her this certificate:
We gave her a couple other gifts as well, but I thought this would be good for her. She seems to get lost in the mix sometimes, being the middle child. And she is so nice about it, she doesn't really bring attention to herself. In an effort to try and change this, I'd like to be more intentional about spending one on one time with her. (Actually, all the kids could benefit from this - but especially Annaliese) So, this was almost a year ago and we are just now taking her out. How terrible is that? She finally has been asking about it and I didn't want to put it off any longer. I know she's excited about it and to top it off, the other kids are jealous.
But, that's okay, tonight is just ANNALIESE!
I love her smile! 
I'm so thankful for this beautiful little girl with a heart of gold!
~ Misty

No comments: