Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TIO Tuesday - Kid Approved!

This TIO is a little late today, sorry for that. I have been painting all day and all day yesterday, so I was kind of scrambling to come up with something. There was another recipe I had wanted to try, but time ran away from me this weekend. I actually made these this morning. I had seen them on Pinterest (surprise!) and mentally filed them as a good, easy snack for the kids. And actually, with the Superbowl coming up, these would be a great one for an appetizer snacky type food. Not so great on the healthy end, but who really cares on a Superbowl Sunday? You do have the entire rest of the week to get back on the healthy track...

I woke up a little earlier than normal, as if that didn't surprise the kids enough, I told the kids I was making these for their lunches. They were super excited to have something different than sandwiches or soup. Hailey cut the pepperoni and the cheesesticks while I was getting showering and getting ready, so my involvement was minimal, great for me! Jackson isn't terribly fond of cheese, so I did his without the cheesesticks.
Place the pepperoni, cut into fourths, and cheesestick on the crescent and roll up

Pop in the oven for ten minutes and presto!
I did two each for the kids and packed them up in foil. I paired it with wheat thins and fruit, something to balance it out, that makes it healthy - right?

Here's the link to the original recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything. I do believe I am in love with her blog, or maybe just the food, or maybe I'm just hungry a lot?

Pepperoni String Cheese Roll Ups
Source: adapted from Dinner With The Donnells

1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 cheese sticks, halved
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
optional - marinara or ranch sauce for dipping
Garlic Butter Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
 
*** I followed the recipe with the exception of Jack's. I did do the glaze, but omitted the Parmesan cheese.
~ Misty

No comments: