Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TIO Tuesday - Apple Crescent Surprise

I think this recipe has a variety of names. I found it by typing in "apple" and "crescent". I just knew there had to be some sort of yummy recipe that combined the two, and I was right! I found it also listed as Apple Dumplings. I read through a few of them and with the exception of the type of soda used, they were basically the same recipe. One even mentioned that Pioneer Woman has it on her blog, just another reason to love her!
Anderson was the lucky one to help today. I've timed them to be done about the time the kids roll in from school. The house is smelling wonderful!!!
Butter, sugar, cinnamon - how can you go wrong?










It's rather difficult to get this guy to look at the camera and smile while cooking,
but he made an effort - baby steps

All done!
Apple Crescent Surprise

Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (I use whatever I have in the house)  
2 sticks butter, melted
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 can (12 oz) ginger ale

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  1. Cut each apple into 8 wedges.
  2. Open crescent rolls, place apple wedge in each one. Roll up.
  3. Place in 9 x 13 pan.
  4. Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon.
  5. Pour over crescent rolls.
  6. Pour ginger ale on top.
  7. Bake 45 minutes until golden brown.
  8. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
***My notes- I made this as directed, but only used 1 cup of sugar. I think it could be cut back even more and, dare I say it, cut back on the butter. These were swimming in the sauce. And yes, they were delicious!
Enjoy!

~ Misty

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Thanks for the link! We love this recipe! So easy and yummy! :)