Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli*
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wineClick to see savings
- 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped**1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese Garnish: fresh basil strips
Preparation1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan. Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well. Stir wine mixture into saucepan. Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
*1 (13-oz.) package three-cheese tortellini may be substituted.
**1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, fully drained, may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli and Classico Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
**** These are my notes, above notes are from the original recipe. Like the original, I used her brands of ravioli and the pasta sauce. I added sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce with the two tomatoes. I used a bit more of wine, a small pour of heavy cream and a couple of tablespoons of butter at the end. I let this thicken a bit prior to serving. I also added sliced chicken breasts that had been marinated in Italian dressing and sauteed in a dash of olive oil.