I decided I would share because I know that most families have picky eaters and this was super simple to do. I think I would even do it again just for the simplicity of it. I mean, it doesn't really get any easier than uncooked pasta in a crock pot!
You can see from the picture that mine got overcooked. My crock pot uses steroids or something. As a result the noodles were a little mushy, obviously something to change next time. The kids ate most of it and Brad simply said, I like the original one better. Go figure, he doesn't have to worry about simplicity, he just gets to eat the finished project, but I digress...
Here is the recipe:
1 lb. ground beef
29 oz can tomato sauce
8 oz pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1. Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray
2. Brown the ground beef
3. Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef
4. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot
5. Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (I usually break them up so they fit better)
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers twice
8. Top with remaining sauce
9. Cover and cook on low for 4hrs (I've started the crock-pot on high in the morning before I leave for work and then put it on warm when I leave and it's perfect when I get home)
10. Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes
*** I really would like to tweak this a little more to our liking and cook it for a shorter amount of time. I think I'd get better results then. I did use more sauce, cheese and some Italian seasoning. It has potential and "good bones" for a good recipe. Might have an update on this at a later time.
I would love to hear if you have tried a recipe like this and what did or didn't work for you.