Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pinterest Addicted!

The first step is to admit you have a problem. Yes, I have a problem - PINTEREST! Where have you been all my life?! Like so many others, I have fallen victim to the allure of crafting, baking and new style ideas that dominate pinterest. Seriously, I have no time for facebook now. I spend way too much time on pinterest and I'm sad to admit, I think Hailey is addicted as well? She is always asking to go on and find new craft ideas. On the upside, I have gotten a ton of new ideas and my kids and family are benefiting from it. I made the headband holder below for the girls. Super easy and turned out way cute, you can use the inside of the container to hold other hair things as well.
I'm also not the only one that wishes she could sew better after being on pinterest. So, that's next on my list, brushing up on my sewing skills. While on the site a few weeks ago, I found the absolute cutest idea for a little play kitchen. This is the inspiration for the kitchen. But, I 've taken it a step further, cut off the ledge on the back, removed the cardboard and added a 48" high solid back with a shelf. Here are a couple before pictures.

The whole thing is going to be painted pink. I was in the process of sanding and started to prime it all when Brad tells me that I shouldn't use spray paint. He gave a list of reasons why etc. etc. As it turns out, one of his clients offered to primer and spray it in his paint booth. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I am making the curtain out of the same fabric I used to cover her chandelier.
A few other details on the kitchen, the knobs for the stove were free from an appliance store and I got the "sink" for .75 from a thrift store. Brad says I should put a Viking emblem on the oven. I'm still researching that idea, but how cute would that be?! There will be a magnet board on one side and hooks to hang her apron and potholders on the other side. I am so excited for this to be done and able to give it to Piper for Christmas. Stay tuned for the finished product!
I have tried quite a few other things from pinterest. We did the pumpkin muffins for school a couple of times, super easy and tasty too. I bought the ikea shelves to do this project, just need to paint them - you guessed it - pink!  I'm making my sister's cards into a book, about half way done with that. Who knew she had so many cards?  
 If you haven't done so already, you should check it out. http://www.pinterest.com/  
But don't blame me if you have no more free time...
~ Misty

No comments: