Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Drywall!

We have started drywalling, yes, finally! It has made a huge difference in the house. For some reason, the rooms seem bigger? Which is odd, because you would think it would be the opposite, but it's not. Each day I stop by the house it has changed. I love this part of it, because for so long it seemed like we were treading water in the same place - for a long time. We have hired a guy (yay Adam!) to do the mudding, taping and texturing of the walls. He is doing the first floor and we are going to work with him on the second floor. It's amazing to watch him work. Granted he has all the tools that make it look sooo easy (deceiving) but, he's also done it for a long time. It's the one thing that Brad and I knew we would not be able to do, at least not very well or in a timely manner. We're very happy right now with the progress. Brad is still hanging drywall in the master bathroom and the upstairs, but everything else downstairs is being completed.
This is the looking into the living room from the front door. The closet on the right side is now drywalled as well. And yes, we do have the fireplace going.  I love the fireplace!

 
This is looking into the kitchen from the living room. One thing (of many) that I'm looking forward to, is all of the light. I love the windows, knowing they will be a pain to clean. But, the light is fantastic! I'm already thinking of the great pictures I will be able to take of food, all the new recipes I'm going to make this year! I've always wanted a lot of windows in my house. Natural light and air flow are two things that top my list of essentials. I think we've accomplished those.  
This is my master bedroom closet, with secret hideaway. Well, not really, just extra storage, but it could double as such? I'm posting this to show that we really are using every single square inch of available space. As you can see, it's the space under the staircase. I don't have a walk-in closet, but having this extra storage makes a huge difference. As we were designing the house, the element of storage came up and it would be one of the things we would change if we could. Barring that, we've inched out every single space we can.  
Piper's room. I think hers is my most favorite. It's such a cute little room. All the detail, most of which you can't see in this picture, but the trey ceilings, her bookshelves, the angled door. It's just perfect for her, and someday, Hailey. Hailey is already waiting for the day that this room is hers.

That's where we're at now. Brad thinks we will be painting within the next three weeks. Please, please, keep your fingers crossed that it happens on schedule!!!

~ Misty

No comments: