Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

While doing some editing for a previous post, I read through the blog I had linked to. I read her home page, went through a variety of her posts, and noticed she had a Thankful Thursday blog post. I love her idea and it falls in line with what I want to do with my blog. I want to use my blog as a way to remember the things that are easy to forget. More importantly, I want to make a conscious effort to be more thankful. Writing it down, typing it out, living it outloud.

Today, I'm thankful for things that make my kids happy and my life easier. Although the two don't always go together. For instance, the snow we got last night = Kids are thrilled! Doesn't really help me though. But they have been waiting so long for snow. The talk of snowmen and sledding has consumed them. I'm glad we made it this far without it, but it's nice that they get to experience it for a little while. Secretly, I was hoping for a school delay, but I suppose there's still time for that.
Things that make my life easier, like juice boxes, paper plates, Starbucks, drive-thru pharmacies, pay-at-the pump gas stations, and crock pots.
Yes, crock pots get a shout out too. I've been using mine a lot more lately and it really does make things so much easier for me. In my opinion you can never have too many. And this rockstar has a fabulous dinner inside that pairs well with the cold, snowy day we have outside.
Now I have more time to snuggle with this guy-

And this little cutie!

****Update****
I felt a little silly about being thankful for my crock pot and then I opened this month's issue of Real Simple. Imagine my surprise and delight when I read the editor's page where she confessed her love for her crock pot! I know, true story!!! I'm not as foolish as I thought... :)
~ Misty

2 comments:

Sherri said...

My crock pot would get a huge shout out as well. I love how much it makes my life easier.

Stephanie said...

My mom got me a crockpot for Christmas so I'm excited to get crockin'. I had to return the first one because it came without a lid (what the?) but now I'm set. You'll have to share your favorite recipes!