Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for children that don't care about brand names and having everything new. I'm thankful my children don't yet care that much about where their things come from, that they appreciate the things they do have. A great example is the project I'm working on today.
 
Pretty isn't it?

I know, it looks awful right now. If you can't tell, it's a canopy bed and it's supposed to be white. We have had it in storage for at least five years. Hailey originally had this bed in our other house. After we moved Annaliese into her room, we had to get a bunk bed set due to lack of room. So, this went into storage in the garage. That was back when Brad would redo tractors and paint in the garage. There's a lot of over spray on it right now. We saved it from the flood and it's been in storage again in the shop.

When I asked Hailey if she wanted it, she enthusiastically said yes! Instead of shrinking up her nose and insisting she get a new bed, (like I would have done at her age) she agreed to this mess of a bed. It's going to be a messy project, but I think it will look great when it's done. If needed, I will have Brad spray it white again.

I'm thankful that in spite of all the things we do have to buy before we get into our house, that I'm able to make this work. I've been trying to find ways like this to lessen the financial burden of replacing all the things we lost. I'm also thankful for the things that people have passed on to us that they no longer need, and thankful for garage sales and friends that like to go to them with me. It's kind of exciting to see what you can do and make out of someone else's unwanted items. It's definitely bringing out a creative side in me.

Stay tuned for an updated picture of her bed, hopefully sooner than later!

~ Misty